Compensation victims

Jewish internees, Orphans of the Holocaust, forced labourers and other victims of the Second World War are entitled to compensation. Survivors of the Shoah can learn more about their rights to reparation and administrative procedures on the Memorial website.

Forced labourers are also victims of the Second World War, since they had to work hard in countries occupied by Nazi Germany. Consequently, they can benefit from a supplementary pension programme. This kind of compensation for war victims is transferable to the surviving spouse.

Compensation victims

The rights of political internees

French and foreign citizens, who were interned in France or certain forced labour camps (such as Tunisia, Algeria or Morocco) after 16 June 1940, are officially recognized as 'political internees'. Jews interned in France can, among others, ask for financial compensation. The Shoah Memorial guides you through the application process.

Orphans of the Shoah

Those who have lost one or both parents in concentration camps during the Second World War are eligible as Orphans of the Shoah (or Orphans of the Holocaust). On our website, they can get information on how to fill out an application for a lifetime pension or other forms of compensation.

Searches related to: Internee pension, Compensation victims second world war, Compensation french jews